Friday, November 16, 2012

listening to you


this lovely artist is: faygie fellig

faygie is a mother of 7, maker of crafts, a crafter of words, a wig stylist of 30 years, and a dreamer about mountain tops where she could see what else is inside her for arting. for now, she makes room on her kitchen table for her creations by clearing one box at a time.


**


The Best Support


The best way to help
Is to listen

Advice seems to pour
From those
Who insist they understand
But have never experienced it.

Those who help
Are those who listen

Those who accept
There is no magic cure
Accept they cannot instantly
Make things happily ever after

The best support
Is not a quick fix
But a listening ear,
No judgment,
And acceptance.

copyright 1997
this lovely artist is: shiloh moore

Hi I'm Shiloh.  I've lived with severe ME and Fibromyalgia since age 10.  I wrote this at age 16 after a year of being entirely bedridden.  I had a book of poems and drawings, 'Stranger In The Moving Chair,' self published in 2004.  Now I am still ill but not as severe and I love to experiment and find joy in art (self taught.)


***
(if you would like your art/photography referencing listening here, please email me with 1-2 attachments, your links + short bio to rachelawes@gmail.com)

4 comments:

Lisa Rydin Erickson said...

Love the Hear Her in My Sleep picture, funny and true! and the wonderful wise poem, so good to hear that reminder

Jennifer Richardson said...

such lovely souls speaking
and sharing
and shining
over here:)
thanks for letting us
listen along, too,
Jennifer

Relyn Lawson said...

Awwwww... You know I love this. I love this project - and all your friends.

Bella Sinclair said...

Oh my, what a marvelous person with a powerful story. Wonderful, wonderful work!